Enter the x,y, and x coordinates of two different vectors into the calculator. The calculator will display the inner product of those two vectors.
Inner Product Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the inner product of two vectors.
a * b = Ma * Mb * cos (x)
- Where a and b are vectors
- Ma and Mb are the magnitudes of those two vectors
- x is the angle between vectors a and b
How to calculate an inner product
- First, determine the vectors a and b.
Find the x,y, and z coordinates of the vectors.
- Next, calculate the magnitude and angle.
Calculate the magnitudes of vector a and b and the angle between the two vectors.
- Calculate the inner product
Calculate the inner product using the equation above and the information from steps 1 and 2.
An inner product, also known as a dot product, is a mathematical scalar value representing the multiplication of two vectors.