Enter your height, neck circumference, and waist circumference into the calculate to estimate your body fat percentage based on the US navy body fat formula.
Navy Body Fat Formula
The following formula is used by the US navy to estimate body fat percentage.
BF = 495 / ( 1.0324 – 0.19077 * log10( w- n ) + 0.15456 * log10( h ) ) – 450
- Where BF is the body fat percentage
- w is waist circumference
- n is neck circumference
- h is height
This formula is used by the us navy to determine who is suitable to be in the military.
Navy Body Fat Requirements
- Age 18 to 21 – 22% for males, 33% for females;
- Age 22 to 29 – 23% for males, 34% for females;
- Age 30 to 39 – 24% for males, 35% for females;
- Age over 40 – 26% for males, 36% for females.