Enter the number of conversions with design A and the number of conversions with design B to calculate the A/B test ratio.
A/B Test Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the percentage change between two designs A and B.
A/B = (B-A) / A *100
- Where A/B is the percentage change from A to B.
- A is the number of conversions from design A
- B is the number of conversions from design B
A/B Test Definition
An A/B test is a direct comparison between the performance of two different designs or setups. This is usually used in marketing and design, but can also be used in any field.
A/B Test Example
How to calculate A/B test results?
- First, determine the results of design A.
Measure the total conversions or results from the first design.
- Next, determine the results of design B.
Measure the total conversions of design B under the same conditions as design A.
- Finally, calculate the change.
Calculate the change from A to B using the equation above. A negative value will indicate a negative change in conversion.
An A/B test is a measure of the change in performance between two different designs or situations, often dictated as A and B.