Enter the torque (N-m) and the change in time (s) into the calculator to determine the Angular Impulse.
- All Impulse Calculators
- Linear Impulse Calculator
- Magnitude of Impulse Calculator
- Impulse Calculator
- Total Impulse Calculator
- Momentum to Impulse Calculator
Angular Impulse Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Angular Impulse.
Ja = T * dt
- Where Ja is the Angular Impulse (N-m-s)
- T is the torque (N-m)
- dt is the change in time (s)
How to Calculate Angular Impulse?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Angular Impulse.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the torque (N-m). In this example, the torque (N-m) is given as 40.
- Next, determine the change in time (s). For this problem, the change in time (s) is given as 5.
- Finally, calculate the Angular Impulse using the equation above:
Ja = T * dt
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation:
Ja = 40 * 5 = 200 (N-m-s)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as above, first define the variables required by the formula. In this case, these values are provided as the following:
torque (N-m) = 75
change in time (s) = 3
Entering these values gives:
Ja = 75 *3 = 225 (N-m-s)