Enter the moment of inertia and angular frequency into the calculator to determine the angular momentum of an object.
- Angular Acceleration Calculator
- Angular Velocity Calculator
- Mass Moment of Inertia Calculator (Point Mass)
- Angular Frequency Calculator
Angular Momentum Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the angular momentum of an object.
L = I * w
- Where L is the angular momentum (kgm^2/s)
- I is the moment of inertia (kg*m^2)
- w is the angular frequency (rad/s)
You can calculate the angular frequency using the angular speed calculator linked above.
Angular Momentum Definition
Angular momentum is defined as the product of angular velocity and mass of a rotating system or object.
Angular Momentum Example
How to calculate angular momentum
- First, determine the moment of inertia
This can be calculated using the mass moment of inertia calculator linked above.
- Next, determine the angular frequency
Determine the angular speed at which the object is moving.
- Finally, calculate the angular moment
Using the information from steps 1 and 2 and the formula above, calculate the angular moment.
Angular momentum is the total amount of momentum an object has in rotation.
Angular momentum is calculated using the angular frequency and momentum of inertia.