Enter the distance, length, and angle into the calculator to determine the angular size of a triangle.
Angular Size Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the angular size.
D = 2 * L * tan (a/2)
- Where D is the angular size
- L is the radius/length depicted below
- a is the angle depicted below
To calculate the angular size, multiply 2 times the length by the tangent of half the angle.
Angular Size Definition
An angular size is a value of the length of a field of view.
Angular Size Example
How to calculate angular size?
- First, determine the radius.
Measure the radius.
- Next, determine the angle.
Measure the angle.
- Finally, calculate the size.
Calculate the angular size using the equation above.
An angular size is a value of length that represents the total length of a field of view from a point of a triangle, a certain radius, and certain angle. This can be seen as D in the above depiction.