Enter the quantity of the unit and the reference measurement into the Arbitrary Units Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Arbitrary Units.
Arbitrary Units Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Arbitrary Units.
AU = QU / RU
- AU is the Arbitrary Units (quantity/reference)
- QU is the quantity of the unit
- RU is the reference measurement
How to Calculate Arbitrary Units?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Arbitrary Units.
- First, determine the quantity of the unit.
- Next, determine the reference measurement.
- Next, gather the formula from above = AU = QU / RU.
- Finally, calculate the Arbitrary Units.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
quantity of the unit = 300
reference measurement = 250
AU = QU / RU = ?