Enter the radius and the number of revolutions into the Area of Revolution Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Area of Revolution.
Area of Revolution Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Area of Revolution.
AOR = pi*r^2*REV
- AOR is the Area of Revolution (units^2)
- r is the radius
- REV is the number of revolutions
How to Calculate Area of Revolution?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Area of Revolution.
- First, determine the radius.
- Next, determine the number of revolutions.
- Next, gather the formula from above = AOR = pi*r^2*REV.
- Finally, calculate the Area of Revolution.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
radius = 5
number of revolutions = 30
AOR = pi*r^2*REV = ?