Enter the total number of pixels in long the width and the total number of pixels along with the height of a screen into the calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the aspect ratio of that device.
Aspect Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the aspect ratio of a device given the pixels in that screen.
AR = PL / GCD : PH/GCD
- Where AR is the aspect ratio
- PL is the pixels in the length (width)
- PH is the pixels in the height
- GCD is the greatest common denominator between PL and PH
Aspect Ratio Definition
An aspect ratio is defined as the ratio of pixels along the length to the number of pixels along with the height of some screen.
How to calculate aspect ratio
The following steps are used to solve for the aspect ratio of a device.
- First, measure the total number of pixels along the width.
- Next, measure the total number of pixels along with the height.
- Finally, calculate the aspect ratio using the formula above.
What is an aspect ratio?
An aspect ratio is a common ratio of pixels along length to the pixels along the height of a screen.