Enter the total cost of the asphalt, the volume of asphalt, and the thickness into the calculator to determine the asphalt cost per square foot.
- Roofing Labor Cost Per Square Calculator
- Concrete Driveway Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Pole Barn Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Cost Per 1000 Bricks Calculator
- Cement Cost Per Cubic Yard Calculator
Asphalt Cost Per Square Foot Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Asphalt Cost Per Square Foot.
ACSF = AC / (V/T/12)
- Where ACSF is the asphalt cost per square foot ($/ft^2)
- AC is the total cost of the asphalt ($)
- V is the volume of asphalt (ft^3)
- T is the thickness of the asphalt (in)
To calculate the asphalt cost per square foot, simply divide the total cost by the total area.
What is the Average Asphalt Cost Per Square Foot?
The average cost per square foot for basic asphalt work is $3.70.
The following factors can influence the cost of an asphalt driveway:
The size of your driveway. This is one factor that will significantly increase or decrease your asphalt driveway cost. Generally, larger projects tend to be cheaper than smaller projects in terms of price per square foot because of economies of scale.
The slope of your site. A flat area will take less time to prepare than a hilly one because there won’t be as much prep work. A flat service may hold water after rain, while a sloped driveway will allow water to run off quickly.
Parking requirements: Do you need a particular area for parking? If so, this will increase your price.
Asphalt is a popular option for paving driveways because of its versatility, durability and affordability compared to other materials available on the market today.