Enter the total number of employees that have leftover a given period of time and the average total employees for the same time period into the calculator to determine the attrition of a company.
The following formula can be used to calculate the attrition of a business.
A = EL / AE *100
- Where A is the attrition rate (%)
- EL is the total number of employees that have left
- AE is the total average number of employees
The term attrition is used to describe the rate at which employees leave a company. It’s a ratio of left employees to total employees. The greater the number of employees that are leaving the greater the attrition. This is typically bad for business. Retaining employees is key to a successful company.
How to calculate attrition?
- First, determine the number of employees that left the company.
Determine the total number of employees that left a company during a certain time period.
- Next, determine the total average number of employees.
Determine the average number of employees during the same time period.
- Finally, calculate the attrition.
Calculate the attrition using the formula above.
Attrition is a measure of the rate at which employees leave the employment of a company.