Enter the total time and the number of generations into the Bacteria Growth Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Bacteria Growth Rate.
- All Rate Calculators
- Bacterial Concentration Calculator
- Mutation Rate Calculator
- Average Rate Calculator
Bacteria Growth Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Bacteria Growth Rate.
BGR = T / #G
- Where BGR is the Bacteria Growth Rate (time per generation)
- T is the total time
- #G is the number of generations
How to Calculate Bacteria Growth Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Bacteria Growth Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total time.
- The total time is given as: 50.
- Next, determine the number of generations.
- The number of generations is provided as: 100.
- Finally, calculate the Bacteria Growth Rate using the equation above:
BGR = T / #G
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
BGR = 50 / 100 = .50 (time per generation)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total time = 60
number of generations = 70
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator.
BGR = T / #G = ?