Enter the total time and the number of generations into the Bacteria Growth Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Bacteria Growth Rate.
- All Rate Calculators
- Bacterial Concentration Calculator
- Mutation Rate Calculator
- Average Rate Calculator
Bacteria Growth Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Bacteria Growth Rate.
BGR = T / G
- Where BGR is the Bacteria Growth Rate (time per generation)
- T is the total time
- G is the number of generations
To calculate the bacteria growth rate, divide the total time by the number of generations.
How to Calculate Bacteria Growth Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Bacteria Growth Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total time.
- The total time is given as: 50.
- Next, determine the number of generations.
- The number of generations is provided as: 100.
- Finally, calculate the Bacteria Growth Rate using the equation above:
BGR = T / #G
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
BGR = 50 / 100 = .50 (time per generation)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total time = 60
number of generations = 70
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator.
BGR = T / #G = ?