Enter the fluid density, speed, and pipe diameter into the calculator below to determine the mass and volume flow rates of that fluid. This calculator is only for use in which there is a steady flow of an incompressible fluid.
- Buoyancy Calculator
- Hyrostatic Pressure Calculator
- Water Pressure Calculator
- Water Displacement Calculator
Bernoulli Equation Formula
The following formula is formulated through Bernoulli’s principles of incompressible fluids.
p + 0.5ρv² + ρhg = c
- Where p is the pressure
- ρ is the density of the fluid
- v is the flow speed of the fluid
- h is the height
- g is the acceleration due to gravity
- c is a constant
From this formula, the following two equations can be derived for determining the volume and mass flow rates of a fluid.
q = π * (d/2)² * v * 3600
m = q * ρ
- Where q is the volumetric flow rate
- d is the diameter of the pipe
- v is the velocity of the fluid
- and ρ is the density of the fluid
Bernoulli Equation Definition
Bernoulli’s Equation states that an increase in speed of a moving fluid is accompanied by a decrease in static pressure.