Enter the object height and the angular height into the Binocular Distance Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Binocular Distance.
Binocular Distance Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Binocular Distance.
BD = OH / AH * 1000
- BD is the Binocular Distance (ft)
- OH is the object height
- AH is the angular height
How to Calculate Binocular Distance?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Binocular Distance.
- First, determine the object height.
- Next, determine the angular height.
- Next, gather the formula from above = BD = OH / AH * 1000.
- Finally, calculate the Binocular Distance.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
object height = 4
angular height = 3.5
BD = OH / AH * 1000 = ?