Enter the GVWR (lbs) and the trailer weight (lbs) into the Boat Towing Weight Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Boat Towing Weight.
- All Weight Calculators
- GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) Calculator
- Cross Weight Calculator
- Towing Force Calculator
Boat Towing Weight Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Boat Towing Weight.
BTW = GVWR - TW
- BTW is the Boat Towing Weight (lbs)
- GVWR is the GVWR (lbs)
- TW is the trailer weight (lbs)
To calculate the boat towing weight, subtract the trailer weight from the gross vehicle weight rating.
How to Calculate Boat Towing Weight?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Boat Towing Weight.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the GVWR (lbs).
- The GVWR (lbs) is given as:: 1000.
- Next, determine the trailer weight (lbs).
- The trailer weight (lbs) is provided as: 300.
- Finally, calculate the Boat Towing Weight using the equation above:
BTW = GVWR – TW
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
BTW = 1000 – 300 = 700.00 (lbs)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
GVWR (lbs) = 2000
trailer weight (lbs) = 200
Test your knowledge and check your answer with the calculator..
BTW = GVWR – TW = ?