Enter the ounces of flour (oz) and the ounces of water (oz) into the Bread Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Bread Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Baker’s Percentage Calculator
- Candle Wax to Fragrance Ratio Calculator
- Baking Ratio Calculator
Bread Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Bread Ratio.
BRR = F / W
- Where BRR is the Bread Ratio (flour:water)
- F is the ounces of flour (oz)
- W is the ounces of water (oz)
How to Calculate Bread Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Bread Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the ounces of flour (oz).
- The ounces of flour (oz) is given as: 70.
- Next, determine the ounces of water (oz).
- The ounces of water (oz) is provided as: 20.
- Finally, calculate the Bread Ratio using the equation above:
BRR = F / W
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
BRR =70/ 20 = 3.5 (flour:water)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
ounces of flour (oz) = 80
ounces of water (oz) = 40
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
BRR = F / W = ?