Enter the ounces of flour (oz) and the ounces of water (oz) into the Bread Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Bread Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Baker’s Percentage Calculator
- Candle Wax to Fragrance Ratio Calculator
- Baking Ratio Calculator
Bread Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Bread Ratio.
BRR = F / W
- Where BRR is the Bread Ratio (flour:water)
- F is the ounces of flour (oz)
- W is the ounces of water (oz)
To calculate the bread ratio, divide the ounces of flour by the ounces of water.
How to Calculate Bread Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Bread Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the ounces of flour (oz).
- The ounces of flour (oz) is given as: 70.
- Next, determine the ounces of water (oz).
- The ounces of water (oz) is provided as: 20.
- Finally, calculate the Bread Ratio using the equation above:
BRR = F / W
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
BRR =70/ 20 = 3.5 (flour:water)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
ounces of flour (oz) = 80
ounces of water (oz) = 40
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
BRR = F / W = ?