Enter the total number of catches and the total number of attempts into the Catch Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Catch Rate.
- All Rate Calculators
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator
- Related Rate Calculator
- Percentage Rate Calculator
Catch Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Catch Rate.
CAR = C / A * 100
- Where CAR is the Catch Rate (%)
- #C is the total number of catches
- #A is the total number of attempts
To calculate the catch rate, divide the total number of catches by the total number of attempts.
How to Calculate Catch Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Catch Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of catches.
- The total number of catches is given as: 400.
- Next, determine the total number of attempts.
- The total number of attempts is provided as: 5000.
- Finally, calculate the Catch Rate using the equation above:
CAR = #C / #A * 100
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
CAR = 400 / 5000 * 100 = 8.00 (%)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total number of catches = 300
total number of attempts = 1000
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
CAR = #C / #A * 100 = ?