Enter the mean arterial pressure and intracranial pressure into the calculator to determine the cerebral perfusion pressure (CPP).
- MAP Calculator (Mean Arterial Blood Pressure)
- Resting Heart Rate Calculator
- Heart Rate Reserve Calculator (HRR)
- Pulse Pressure Calculator
The following formula is used to calculate the CPP.
CPP = MAP – ICP
- Where CPP is the cerebral perfusion pressure
- MAP is the mean arterial pressure
- ICP is the intracranial pressure
A CPP is the minimum amount of pressure required to maintain blood flow to a brain.
How to calculate CPP?
- First, determine the mean arterial pressure.
Measure the mean arterial pressure.
- Next, determine the intracranial pressure.
Measure the intracranial pressure.
- Finally, calculate the CPP.
Calculate the CPP using the formula above.
CPP stands for cerebral perfusion pressure. It’s considered the minimum amount of pressure needed to maintain blood flow to the brain.
ICP stands for intracranial pressure. It’s a pressure that causes a force that opposes blood flow to the brain.