Enter the value of MB and the value of MD into the Certainty Factor Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Certainty Factor.
Certainty Factor Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Certainty Factor.
CF = MB – MD / (1- min(MB,MD))
- CF is the Certainty Factor ( )
- MB is the value of MB
- MD is the value of MD
How to Calculate Certainty Factor?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Certainty Factor.
- First, determine the value of MB.
- Next, determine the value of MD.
- Next, gather the formula from above = CF = MB – MD / (1- min(MB,MD)).
- Finally, calculate the Certainty Factor.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
value of MB = .999
value of MD = .997
CF = MB – MD / (1- min(MB,MD)) = ?