Enter the RPM, the inches per tooth, and the number of flutes into the Chip Thinning Factor Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Chip Thinning Factor.
- Chip Thickness Ratio Calculator
- Chipboard Weight Calculator
- Chip Load Calculator
- Eccentric Turning Calculator
Chip Thinning Factor Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Chip Thinning Factor.
CTF = RPM*IPT*#F
- CTF is the Chip Thinning Factor (inches per minute)
- RPM is the RPM
- IPT is the inches per tooth
- #F is the number of flutes
How to Calculate Chip Thinning Factor?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Chip Thinning Factor.
- First, determine the RPM.
- Next, determine the inches per tooth.
- Next, determine the number of flutes.
- Next, gather the formula from above = CTF = RPM*IPT*#F.
- Finally, calculate the Chip Thinning Factor.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
RPM = 300
inches per tooth = .25
number of flutes = 3
CTF = RPM*IPT*#F = ?