Enter the tangential velocity and the radius into the calculator to determine the circular velocity.
- All Velocity Calculators
- Radial Velocity Calculator
- RPM to Angular Velocity Calculator
- Angular Velocity To Linear Velocity Calculator
- Linear Velocity to Angular Velocity Calculator
- Maximum Angular Velocity Calculator
Circular Velocity Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Circular Velocity.
Vc = Vt / R
- Where Vc is the circular velocity (rad/s)
- Vt is the tangential velocity (m/s)
- R is the radius of the circle (m)
What is a Circular Velocity?
A circular velocity is defined as the total angular speed of a rotating object relative to the circle’s radius.
How to Calculate Circular Velocity?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Circular Velocity.
First, determine the tangential velocity. In this example, the tangential velocity is found to be 50 m/s.
Next, determine the radius of the circle. In this case, the radius of the circle is measured to be 25m.
Finally, calculate the Circular Velocity using the formula above:
Vc = Vt / R
Vc = 50/25
Vc = 2 rad /s