Enter the total costs of all component’s and the expected level of RVUs into the calculator to determine the cost per RVU.
- Medical Loss Ratio Calculator
- Health Insurance Cost Per Month Calculator
- Life Insurance Cost Per Month Calculator
- Cost Per X-Ray Calculator
Cost Per RVU Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the .
CPRVU = TC / RVU's
- Where CPRVU is the cost per RVU
- TC is the total cost of all component’s
- RVU is the expected level of RVUs.
To calculate the cost per RVU, divide the total cost of the level of expected RVUs.
What is Cost Per RVU?
Cost per RVU is the average cost of of a relative value unit in healthcare. RVUs are used in Medicare for purposes of reimbursement.
How to Calculate Cost Per RVU?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Cost Per RVU.
First, determine the total cost of all components. In this example, the components sum up to $500.00.
Next, determine the total level of RVUs. In this case, this value is found to be 4.
Finally, calculate the cost per RVU using the formula above:
CPRVU = TC / #RVU’s
CPRVU = $500 /4
CPRVU = $125.00 /RVU