Enter the velocity of the charges and the charge density of the flow into the calculator to determine the current density.
Current Density Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a current density.
j = p*v
- Where j is the current density (A/m^2)
- p is the charge density
- v is the velocity of the charges
Current Density Definition
A current density is defined as the total current per unit of volume or area.
Current Density Example
How to calculate current density?
- First, determine the charge density.
Measure the charge density of the electrical flow.
- Next, determine the velocity of the charge.
Measure the charges velocity.
- Finally, calculate the current density.
Using the formula, calculate the current density.
Current density is the amount of charge per unit of time that flows through a cross-section area.