Enter the mass, velocity, and plank’s constant into the calculator to calculate the De Broglie Wavelength.
- Wavelength Calculator
- Wave Speed Calculator
- Speed of Sound Calculator
- Nanometers to Joules Calculator
- Peak Wavelength (Wien’s Law) Calculator
- Group Delay Dispersion Calculator
De Broglie Wavelength Formula
The following equation is used to calculate a de broglie wavelength.
L = h / (m*v)
- Where L is the wavelength
- h is Plank’s constant (6.6262 X 10 & -34 Js)
- m is the mass (grams)
- v is the velocity (m/s)
De Broglie Wavelength Definition
A De Brolie wavelength is a law that states all matter exhibits wave-like behavior and therefore you can calculate the wavelength using the equation.
De Broglie Wavelength Example
How to calculate De Broglie Wavelength?
- First, determine the mass.
Measure the mass of the object or material.
- Next, determine the velocity.
Calculate the velocity of the matter.
- Finally, calculate the De Broglie Wavelength.
Calculate the wavelength using the formula above.
The De Broglie Wavelength is a fundamental concept in quantum mechanics that states that all matter exhibits wave-like behavior, and therefore has a wavelength associated with it.
The wavelength is calculated using the mass of the particle, velocity, and the Plank’s constant.