Enter the total number of winners in the dead heat and the total prize pool into the calculator to determine the dead heat winnings.
- Prize Money Split Calculator
- Money Division Calculator
- Implied Probability Calculator
- Odds Calculator (% success failure)
Dead Heat Winnings Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the winnings per person in a dead heat.
DHW = #W / PP
- Where DHW is the dead heat winnings per person ($)
- #W is the number of people who tied in the dead heat
- PP is the total prize pool allotted to the dead heat.
- In example, if the dead heat was 2nd place, and the 2nd place was supposed to get $500.00 that would be split between those individuals.
To calculate the dead heat winnings, divide the number of people that tied in the event by the total prize pool for that position.
What is a dead heat?
A dead heat is a term used in sports and betting to describe when there are multiple winners in a heat.
How to calculate dead heat winnings?
The following example outlines how to calculate the dead heat winnings.
First, determine the total prize pool for this heat. For this example, the total prize pool all goes to first place and it totals $5,000.00.
Next, determine the number of people that tied in the heat. In this case, there were 4 winners.
Finally, calculate the winnings per person using the formula above:
DHW = #W / PP
DHW = 5000 / 4
DHW = $1,250.00