Enter up to 5 different decimal numbers into the calculator to determine the result of the multiplication of the numbers entered.
- Fraction To Decimal Calculator
- Multiplying 3 Fractions Calculator
- Fraction Addition Calculator
- Fraction Division Calculator
Decimal Multiplication Formula
The following formula is used to perform multiplication of decimals.
X = .ab * .cd = ab*cd / 10000
- Where X is the resulting decimal answer
- a,b,c, and d are integers
How to multiply decimals?
- First, determine the the individual decimal numbers.
For this example we will say the decimals are .25 and .25
- Next, multiply the numbers as if they weren’t decimals.
25*25 = 625.
- Next, measure the total number of decimal places between both decimals.
In .25 there are 2 decimal places. Since there are two numbers the total places would be 4.
- Finally, move the decimal in the answer from step 2.
Moving the decimal 4 places in the answer from step 2 would yield .0625.