Enter the frictional coefficient and the absolute temperature into the Diffusion Coefficient Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Diffusion Coefficient.
Diffusion Coefficient Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Diffusion Coefficient.
D = (1/f) * k * t
- D is the Diffusion Coefficient ( )
- f is the frictional coefficient
- t is the absolute temperature
- k is the Boltzmann Constant = 1.380649 * 10^-23 (m^2-kg/(s^2-K))
How to Calculate Diffusion Coefficient?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Diffusion Coefficient.
- First, determine the frictional coefficient.
- Next, determine the absolute temperature.
- Next, gather the formula from above = D = (1/f) * k * t.
- Finally, calculate the Diffusion Coefficient.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
frictional coefficient = .87
absolute temperature = 100
D = (1/f) * k * t = ?