Enter the total charge and the distance of separation between charges into the calculator to determine the dipole moment.
- Dipole Antenna Calculator – Length | Formula
- Magnetic Moment Calculator
- Formal Charge Calculator
- Electric Potential Calculator
Dipole Moment Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the dipole moment.
u = Q * r
- u is the dipole moment (Debye)
- Q is the charge (C)
- r is the distance (m)
Dipole Moment Definition
A dipole moment is defined as the product of the charge and radius of between two particles in a chemical bond.
Dipole Moment Example
how to calculate a dipole moment?
- First, determine the charge between the particles.
Calculate or measure the charge between the particles.
- Next, determine the distance between particles.
Measure the distance between the particles that are bonded.
- Finally, calculate the dipole moment.
Enter the charge and distance into the formula to determine the dipole moment.
A dipole moment is the force of charge between two particles in a chemical bond. Covalent and Ionic bonds are types of bods that create dipole moments.