Enter the total dosage (mg) and the total weight (lbs) into the Dosage Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Dosage Rate.
Dosage Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Dosage Rate.
DSR = D/W
- Where DSR is the Dosage Rate (mg/lb)
- D is the total dosage (mg)
- W is the total weight (lbs)
How to Calculate Dosage Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Dosage Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total dosage (mg).
- The total dosage (mg) is given as: 50.
- Next, determine the total weight (lbs).
- The total weight (lbs) is provided as: 200.
- Finally, calculate the Dosage Rate using the equation above:
DSR = D/W
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
DSR = 50/200 = .25 (mg/lb)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total dosage (mg) = 60
total weight (lbs) = 150
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
DSR = D/W = ?