Enter the amount of data downloaded and the amount of time it took for the download into the Download Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Download Rate.
Download Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Download Rate.
DWR = D / T
- Where DWR is the Download Rate (data/time)
- D is the amount of data downloaded
- T is the amount of time it took for the download
How to Calculate Download Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Download Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the amount of data downloaded.
- The amount of data downloaded is given as: 500.
- Next, determine the amount of time it took for the download.
- The amount of time it took for the download is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Download Rate using the equation above:
DWR = D / T
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
DWR = 500 / 10 = 50 (data/time)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
amount of data downloaded = 600
amount of time it took for the download = 70
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
DWR = D / T = ?