Enter the point charge, electric field strength, and distance into the calculator to determine the electric potential energy of the system.
- Electric Field Calculator
- Acceleration in the Electric Field Calculator
- Electrical Power Calculator
- Electricity Load Calculator
- Electromotive Force Calculator
Electric Potential Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the electric potential of a point.
EP = q * E * d
- Where EP is the electric potential energy (Joules)
- q is the point charge (Coulombs)
- E is the electric field strength (N/C)
- d is the distance (m)
Electric Potential Definition
Electric potential energy is a specific type of potential energy that arises by the potential of a point charge to be moved by an electric field.
Electric Potential Example
How to calculate electric potential?
- First, determine the point charge.
Calculate the point charge.
- Next, determine the field strength.
Measure or calculate the strength of the electric field.
- Next, determine the distance.
Determine the distance between the point charge and the electric field.
- Finally, calculate the potential energy.
Calculate the electric potential energy using the formula above.
Electric potential energy is the energy required to move a charge against an electric field.
Electric potential energy is calculated by multiplying the point charge, electric field strength, and distance.