Enter the engine force (N) and the crankshaft diameter (m) into the calculator to determine the Engine Torque.
- All Torque Calculators
- RPM to Torque Calculator
- Electric Motor Torque Calculator
- Power To Torque Calculator
- Shaft Torque Calculator
- Hydraulic Motor Torque Calculator
Engine Torque Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Engine Torque.
Te = Fe * Dc
- Where Te is the Engine Torque (N-m)
- Fe is the engine force (N)
- Dc is the crankshaft diameter (m)
How to Calculate Engine Torque?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Engine Torque.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the engine force (N). In this example, the engine force (N) is measured to be 65.
- Next, determine the crankshaft diameter (m). For this problem, the crankshaft diameter (m) is calculated to be 75.
- Finally, calculate the Engine Torque using the formula above:
Te = Fe * Dc
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
Te = 65 * 75 = 4875 (N-m)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
engine force (N) = 900
crankshaft diameter (m) = .80
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
Te = 900 * .8 = 720 (N-m)