Enter the engine force (N) and the crankshaft diameter (m) into the calculator to determine the Engine Torque.
- All Torque Calculators
- RPM to Torque Calculator
- Electric Motor Torque Calculator
- Power To Torque Calculator
- Shaft Torque Calculator
- Hydraulic Motor Torque Calculator
Engine Torque Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Engine Torque.
Te = Fe * Dc
- Where Te is the Engine Torque (lbf-ft)
- Fe is the engine force (lbf)
- Dc is the crankshaft diameter (ft)
To calculate the engine torque, multiply the engine force by the crankshaft diameter.
How to Calculate Engine Torque?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Engine Torque.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the engine force (N). In this example, the engine force (N) is measured to be 65.
- Next, determine the crankshaft diameter (m). For this problem, the crankshaft diameter (m) is calculated to be 75.
- Finally, calculate the Engine Torque using the formula above:
Te = Fe * Dc
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
Te = 65 * 75 = 4875 (N-m)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
engine force (N) = 900
crankshaft diameter (m) = .80
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
Te = 900 * .8 = 720 (N-m)