Enter the total change in depth of sediment (in) and the total time (yr) into the Erosion Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Erosion Rate.
- All Rate Calculators
- Erosional Velocity Calculator
- Soil Infiltration Rate Calculator
- Corrosion Rate Calculator
Erosion Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Erosion Rate.
ERR = DP / T
- Where ERR is the Erosion Rate (in/yr)
- DP is the total change in depth of sediment (in)
- T is the total time (yr)
How to Calculate Erosion Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Erosion Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total change in depth of sediment (in).
- The total change in depth of sediment (in) is given as: 20.
- Next, determine the total time (yr).
- The total time (yr) is provided as: 5.
- Finally, calculate the Erosion Rate using the equation above:
ERR = DP / T
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
ERR = 20 / 5 = 4 (in/yr)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total change in depth of sediment (in) = 60
total time (yr) = 10
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator
ERR = DP / T = ?