Enter the power output and pressure of your fan to calculate the CFM (cubic feet per min). The CFM is the volume per minute of air or fluid a fan is pushing.
- Partial Pressure Calculator
- Power Calculator
- Mass Flow Rate Calculator
- Air-Flow Calculator
- Fan Velocity Calculator
- Fan Efficiency Calculator
Fan CFM Formula
The following formula can be used to calculate the volumetric flow rate of air by a fan. This formula assumes an efficiency of 100%.
CFM = P*2122/p
- Where CFM is the cubic feet per minute
- P is the power output (Watts)
- p is the pressure (pascals)
In reality, the flow rate of a fan will vary based on the size, shape, and performance of the motors. No fan will ever reach 100% efficiency, but this calculator assumes as much for simplifying the equation. To calculate the results of a real fan, simply multiply the result by the efficiency.