Enter the number of loops, change in magnetic flux, and change in time into the calculator to determine the induced voltage.
- Magnetic Flux Calculator
- Magnetic Moment Calculator
- Electric Field Calculator
- Acceleration in the Electric Field Calculator
- Penetration Depth Calculator
Faraday’s Law Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the induced voltage in an EMF.
e = – N * (MF/t)
- Where e is the induced voltage
- N is the number of loops
- MF is the change in magnetic flux
- t is the change in time
Faraday’s Law Definition
Faraday’s law is the theory of electromagnetism that describes the induced voltage that a magnetic field causes.
Faraday’s Law Example
How to calculate an induced voltage.
- First, determine the number of loops.
Calculate the number of loops.
- Next, determine the magnetic flux.
Measure the magnetic flux caused by the magnetic field.
- Next, determine the change in time.
Measure the change in time.
- Finally, calculate the induced voltage.
Calculate the induced voltage using Faraday’s Law.
Faraday’s law is a law of electromagnetism that describes the act of a magnetic field
EMF stands for electromotive force. This is a force caused by electromagnetic induction.