Enter the total length of the fence and the total cost of the fence into the calculator to determine the fence cost per foot.
- Cost Per Linear Foot Calculator
- Cost Per Linear Yard Calculator
- Laminated Floor Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Metal Roofing Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Sod Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Deck Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Guttering Cost Per Foot Calculator
- Pole Barn Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
Fence Cost Per Foot Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Fence Cost Per Foot.
FCF = TFC / FL
- Where FCF is the fence cost per foot ($/ft)
- TFC is the total fence cost ($)
- FL is the total fence length (ft)
To calculate the fence cost per foot, divide the fence cost by the total length of the fence.
What is the Average Fence Cost Per Foot?
The Cost to Build a Picket Fence averages $6 per linear foot, with vinyl and aluminum costing between $5-$10 per linear foot. Wood fences can range from $10-$35 per linear foot. Chain link average $10-$15 per linear foot. A brick fence could run you anywhere from $14-$40 per linear foot. Metal rails can raise the cost of wood fences by $2-$20.
The cost of building a fence will vary depending on the fence’s style, size, and materials. Here are some factors that will affect the total price:
Location – The cost of fencing in rural areas and remote locations is usually higher than in more urban areas due to increased transportation costs.
Fence Materials – The most common materials used to construct fences are wood, vinyl, aluminum, wrought iron, chain link, and brick.
Type of Installation – There are several different types of fences, such as gate or panel style and picket style. Each type has its installation method and requirements.
Railings – Do you want barriers for your fence? If so, this will add to the cost as well.