Enter the total time an object is falling into the calculator. The calculator will determine the final velocity and total height the object was dropped from.
- All Velocity Calculators
- Free Fall Calculator
- Terminal Velocity Calculator
- Escape Velocity Calculator
- Impact Velocity Calculator
- Maximum Velocity Calculator
- Height to Velocity Calculator
Free Fall Velocity Calculator
The free-fall velocity and height can be calculated using the following equation.
h = 1/2 g * t^2
v = g * t
- Where h is the height (m)
- t is the time (s)
- g is the acceleration due to gravity (9.8m/s^2)
Free Fall Velocity Definition
A free fall velocity is a measure of the max speed an object in free fall reaches after a certain amount of time.
Free Fall Velocity Example
How to calculate free fall velocity?
- First measure the time.
Determine the total amount of time.
- Next, calculate the free fall velocity.
Calculate the free fall velocity using the equation above.
The free fall velocity is the velocity an object reaches while falling due to the acceleration of gravity after a given amount of time.
The acceleration due to gravity is equal to approximately 9.8m/s^2 on Earth. On other planets this acceleration would be different due to different gravity.