Enter the fuel efficiency (mpg) and the total amount of fuel (gallons) into the Fuel Distance Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Fuel Distance.
- All Distance Calculators
- Distance to Empty (DTE) Calculator
- Drive Time To Distance Calculator
- Fuel Efficiency Calculator
Fuel Distance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Fuel Distance.
FD = FE * #G
- Where FD is the Fuel Distance (miles)
- FE is the fuel efficiency (mpg)
- #G is the total amount of fuel (gallons)
How to Calculate Fuel Distance?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Fuel Distance.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the fuel efficiency (mpg).
- The fuel efficiency (mpg) is given as: 30.
- Next, determine the total amount of fuel (gallons).
- The total amount of fuel (gallons) is provided as: 24.
- Finally, calculate the Fuel Distance using the equation above:
FD = FE * #G
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
FD = 30 * 24 = 720 (miles)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
fuel efficiency (mpg) = 7
total amount of fuel (gallons) = 100
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
FD = FE * #G = ?