Enter the total RPM and radius into the calculator to determine the g-force acting on a rotating object.
- All Force Calculators
- Angular Acceleration Calculator
- Angular Velocity Calculator
- Angular Momentum Calculator
- Centrifugal G Force Calculator
G Force Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the g-force of a rotating object or body.
G = .001118 * R * RPM^2
- Where G is the G-Force
- R is the radius of the rotation (meters)
- RPM is the rotations per minute
G Force Definitoin
G force is defined as the total force felt on a rotating object due to angular acceleration. The term G force is used to compare this force to the force of gravity. i.e 2 Gs is two times the force of gravity.
G Force Example
How to calculate G Force?
- First, determine the radius of rotation.
Measure the radius of rotation of the object.
- Next, determine the RPM.
Calculate or measure the total number of rotations per minute.
- Finally, calculate the G Force.
Calculate the G Force using the equation above.
G force, in the case of the above calculator, is a relative force acting on a rotating object.
G force is relative because it’s a force compared to the force of gravity of Earth. For example, 2G’s of g-force is equal to twice the gravitational force of Earth.