Enter any value into the calculator to determine the second value needed to equal the golden ratio. The golden ratio is equal to 1.61803398875.
Golden Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the golden ratio.
G = (A+B)/A = A/B
- Where G is the golden ratio = 1.61803398875
- A is the larger of two values in a ratio
- B is the smaller of two value in a ratio
Golden Ratio Definition
The golden ratio is a ratio that is equal to 1.61803398875. “In other words the ratio is the same as the ratio of their sum to the larger of the two quantities.” So A/B = (A+B)/A
Golden Ratio Example
How to calculate golden ratio?
- First, determine the missing variable.
Determine whether you are solving for A or B in the equation above.
- Next, determine the known variable.
Determine the value of the known variable.
- Finally, calculate the missing variable.
Using the golden ratio, calculate the missing variable.
A golden ratio is a ratio between two numbers where that ratio is the same as the ratio of their sum to the larger of the two numbers.