Enter the original gravity and final gravity into the calculator to determine the ABV of a beverage.
Gravity To ABV Formula
The following equation can be used to calculate the gravity to ABV.
ABV = (OG-FG) * 131.25
- Where ABG is the alcohol by volume
- OG is the original gravity
- FG is the final gravity
Gravity to ABV Definition
The conversion of gravity to abv involves the difference between the original and final gravity and the constant 131.25.
Gravity to ABV Example
How to calculate ABV from gravity?
- First, determine the original gravity.
Measure the original gravity of the solution.
- Next, determine the final gravity.
Measure the final gravity of the solution.
- Finally, calculate the ABV>
Calculate the ABV using the equation above.
Converting gravity to ABV is as simple as using this equation: ABV = (OG-FG) * 131.25.