Enter the total cost of the job and the total area of floor covered into the calculator to determine the hardwood flooring cost per square foot.
- Epoxy Flooring Cost Calculator
- Marble Flooring Cost Calculator
- Metal Roofing Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Build Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Laminated Floor Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Floor Install Cost Calculator
Hardwood Flooring Cost Per Square Foot Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Hardwood Flooring Cost Per Square Foot.
HFC = TFC / TA
- Where HFC is the hardwood flooring cost per square foot
- TFC is the total flooring cost ($)
- TA is the total area covered in hardwood (Ft^2)
To calculate the hardwood flooring cost per square foot, divide the total floor cost by the total floor area.
What is the average Hardwood Flooring Cost Per Square Foot?
The average hardwood flooring cost per square foot is between $10 and $20 per square foot. Between $5 and $12 of this is from material cost, and between $5 to $8 is from labor for the installation.
The most significant factor in hardwood flooring costs is the type of wood you use. Exotic woods are more expensive than domestic ones, usually by at least $2 per square foot.
The most expensive species can run as high as $10 per square foot for materials alone. Solid wood planks also cost more than engineered ones, which have a plywood base bonded with a veneer layer of natural wood on top.
Labor costs vary depending on the type of flooring being installed. Engineered wood is easier to install than solid hardwood because it’s thinner. It can be stapled down over plywood or