Enter the total heat input and the system efficiency (%) into the Heat Output Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Heat Output.
- All Heat Calculators
- Heat Input Calculator
- Water Heater Efficiency Calculator
- Heat of Formation Calculator
Heat Output Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Heat Output.
HO = HI * E/100
- HO is the Heat Output ( )
- HI is the total heat input
- E is the system efficiency (%)
How to Calculate Heat Output?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Heat Output.
- First, determine the total heat input.
- Next, determine the system efficiency (%).
- Next, gather the formula from above = HO = HI * E/100.
- Finally, calculate the Heat Output.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total heat input = 40
system efficiency (%) = 25
HO = HI * E/100 = ?