Enter the recessive q value and the dominant p value into the Heterozygous Frequency Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Heterozygous Frequency.
- All Frequency Calculators
- Genetic Linkage Distance
- Sampling Frequency Calculator
- Frequency Density Calculator
Heterozygous Frequency Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Heterozygous Frequency.
HF = 2*q*p
- HF is the Heterozygous Frequency ( )
- q is the recessive q value
- p is the dominant p value
How to Calculate Heterozygous Frequency?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Heterozygous Frequency.
- First, determine the recessive q value.
- Next, determine the dominant p value.
- Next, gather the formula from above = HF = 2*q*p.
- Finally, calculate the Heterozygous Frequency.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
recessive q value = .2
dominant p value = .8
HF = 2*q*p = ?