Enter the mean free path length and the characteristic length into the Knudsen Number Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Knudsen Number.
- Free Space Path Loss Calculator
- Nusselt Number Calculator
- Reynolds Number Calculator
- Rayleigh Number Calculator
Knudsen Number Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Knudsen Number.
Kn = FPL / CL
- Kn is the Knudsen Number ( )
- FPL is the mean free path length
- Cl is the characteristic length
How to Calculate Knudsen Number?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Knudsen Number.
- First, determine the mean free path length.
- Next, determine the characteristic length.
- Next, gather the formula from above = Kn = FPL / CL .
- Finally, calculate the Knudsen Number.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
mean free path length = 2
characteristic length = 5
Kn = FPL / CL = ?