Enter the inductance (L) and the capacitance (C) into the LC resonance calculator to determine the resonance (hertz)
- Resonant Frequency Calculator
- Natural Frequency Calculator
- RLC Circuit Calculator (Solve for Frequency)
- Toroid Inductance Calculator
- Box Resonance Calculator
LC Resonance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the resonance of an LC circuit.
R = 1/ 2* pi * sqrt ( L * C )
- Where R is the resonance (frequency) (hertz)
- L is the inductance (Henries)
- C is the capacitance (farads)
LC Resonance Definition
What is LC resonance? An LC resonance is commonly referred to as the resonant frequency of an LC circuit. An LC circuit is a circuit that has both an inductor and a capacitor.
How to calculate LC resonance?
- First, determine the total capacitance.
For this example, the circuit is found to have a total equivalent capacitance of 10 farads.
- Next, determine the inductance.
The total inductance of the circuit in this problem is 35 Henries.
- Finally, calculate the LC resonance.
Calculate the LC resonance using the formula above. For this problem, the resonant frequency is found to be 1/(2*3.14159*sqrt(10*35)) = .008507 hertz