Enter the total rise (in) and the slope into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Loading Ramp Length.
Loading Ramp Length Formula
LRL = R / S
- LRL is the Loading Ramp Length (in)
- R is the total rise (in)
- S is the slope
To calculate the Loading Ramp Length, divide the total ramp height by the slope.
How to Calculate Loading Ramp Length?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Loading Ramp Length.
- First, determine the total rise (in).
- Next, determine the slope.
- Next, gather the formula from above = LRL = R / S.
- Finally, calculate the Loading Ramp Length.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total rise (in) = 5
slope = 6