Enter the design flow (gal/day) and the total area (ft^2) into the Loading Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Loading Rate.
- All Rate Calculators
- Hydraulic Fluid Velocity Calculator
- Hydraulic Motor Flow Calculator
- Hydraulic Motor Efficiency Calculator
Loading Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Loading Rate.
LR = DF / A
- Where LR is the Loading Rate (gal/day/ft^2)
- DF is the design flow (gal/day)
- A is the total area (ft^2)
How to Calculate Loading Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Loading Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the design flow (gal/day).
- The design flow (gal/day) is given as: 1000.
- Next, determine the total area (ft^2).
- The total area (ft^2) is provided as: 20.
- Finally, calculate the Loading Rate using the equation above:
LR = DF / A
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
LR = 1000 / 20 = 50 (gal/day/ft^2)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
design flow (gal/day) = 600
total area (ft^2) = 10
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
LR = DF / A = ?