Enter the total number of lumens and the total area of a room into the calculator to determine the lumens per square foot.
- Frequency of Light Calculator
- Photon Energy Calculator
- Energy to Wavelength Calculator
- Light Intensity Calculator
- Candlepower to Lumens Calculator
- Total Solar Reflectance Calculator
- Coefficient of Utilization Calculator
Lumens Per Square Foot Formula
LPSF = TL / (L*W)
- Where LPSF is the lumens per square foot
- TL is the total number of lumens
- L is the length of the room
- W is the width of the room
A lumen is a unit of measure that describes a luminous flux or in other words the light emitted per second.
Lumens Per Square Foot Example
How to calculate lumens per square foot?
- First, determine the total number of lumens.
Calculate the total number of lumens produced by the light sources of the room.
- Next, determine the width.
Measure the width of the room in feet.
- Next, determine the length.
Measure the length of the room in feet.
- Finally, calculate the lumens per square foot.
Calculate the LPSF using the equation above.
A lumen is a unit of measure of the amount of luminous flux.