Enter the circulating current and the total area into the calculator to determine the magnetic momentum.
- Magnetic Flux Calculator
- Formal Charge Calculator
- Solenoid Force Calculator
- Dipole Moment Calculator
- Debye Length Calculator
- Excess Electrons Calculator
- Polarization Calculator
- Magnetic Reluctance Calculator
Magnetic Moment Formula
The following equation can be used to calculator a magnetic moment.
m = I * A
- Where m is the magnetic moment (amps*m^2)
- I is the current (amps)
- A is the area (m^2)
Magnetic Moment Definition
A magnetic moment is defined as the product of the current and area of a magnetic field.
Magnetic Moment Example
How to calculate magnetic moment?
- First, determine the currents.
Calculate the current of the magnetic field.
- Next, determine the area.
Calculate the total area.
- Finally, calculate the magnetic moment.
Calculate the magnetic moment using the formula above.
A magnetic moment is the strength and orientation of a magnetic that when under a current produces a magnetic field.
A magnetic field is a force or influence that acted on electric charges and currents due to magnetized material.